Eastern Michigan University
Google Apps at Eastern Michigan University
Google Apps is a suite of Google applications that brings together web-based productivity tools including: email, calendar, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet capabilities. All student EagleMail accounts were migrated to Google Apps by early June 2014. Faculty can opt-in to Google Apps anytime as a replacement to the current EagleMail (Zimbra) system. NOTE: Staff are not currently eligible to sign up for Google Apps at Eastern Michigan University.
All student accounts are being migrated to Google Apps at Eastern Michigan University. Student account migrations will be completed in early June 2014.
Please consider the following before your account has been migrated:
Once your EagleMail account has been migrated:
- Your EagleMail email messages will have been migrated to Google Apps
- All new email will be delivered to your Google Apps account
- Your EagleMail account will be locked
- Mobile device app connections to EagleMail will stop working. You will need to add a new Gmail account to access your Google Apps information on your phone or tablet. Instructions are available on Google's support pages for Android devices and Apple iOS devices.
- If you need the contents of your EagleMail address book, calendar, or briefcase, you must contact the IT Help Desk to have your EagleMail account unlocked and then manually migrate the content prior to 10/01/2014 - more details
Google Apps at Eastern Michigan University is available to faculty as a replacement to the current EagleMail (Zimbra) system.
Please consider the following before signing up for an account:
Once your Google Apps account has been created:
- It may take up to 24 hours before you can access your new Google Apps account
- All new email messages will be delivered to Google Apps account
- The Division of Information Technology will migrate your EagleMail email messages to Google Apps
- You are responsible for migrating your EagleMail calendar, contacts, and briefcase - more details
To get started with migration:
- Log in to http://google.emich.edu and sign up for a Google Apps account
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197