Eastern Michigan University
Google Apps at Eastern Michigan University
Google Apps is a suite of Google applications that brings together web-based productivity tools including: email, calendar, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet capabilities. All student EagleMail accounts were migrated to Google Apps by early June 2014. Faculty can opt-in to Google Apps anytime as a replacement to the current EagleMail (Zimbra) system. Information for students and faculty is provided below. NOTE: Staff are not currently eligible to sign up for Google Apps at Eastern Michigan University.
All student accounts have been migrated to Google Apps at Eastern Michigan University.
Now that you are using Google Apps for Education:
- Old EagleMail email messages have been migrated to your Google Apps account.
- Your EagleMail account is locked.
- All new email is delivered to your Google Apps account.
- Mobile device app connections to EagleMail have stopped working. You will need to add a new Gmail account to access your Google Apps information on your phone or tablet. Instructions are available on Google's support pages for Android devices and Apple iOS devices.
Google Apps at Eastern Michigan University is available to faculty as a replacement to the current EagleMail (Zimbra) system.
Please consider the following before signing up for an account:
Once your Google Apps account has been created:
- It may take up to 24 hours before you can access your new Google Apps account
- All new email messages will be delivered to Google Apps account
- The Division of Information Technology will migrate your EagleMail email messages to Google Apps
- You are responsible for migrating your EagleMail calendar, contacts, and briefcase - more details
To get started with migration:
- Log in to http://google.emich.edu and sign up for a Google Apps account
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197