Eastern Michigan University
Downloading File Attachments from an EagleMail Message
Google Apps enforces a maximum individual message size of 20MB; messages that exceed this limit will not migrate from EagleMail to Google Apps. For this reason, we recommend downloading any desired files from EagleMail messages prior to the migration process or risk permanent data loss.
Follow these directions to search for all EagleMail messages over 20MB:
- From the EagleMail Search bar, click the Advanced button.
- The Basic Search box in the Advanced Search window is displayed. Click the Close button in the Basic Search box.
- The Basic Search box closes. Click the Size button on the toolbar.
- The Size search box is displayed. Verify is larger than is displayed in the Size field.
- Type 20 in the Value field.
- Click the Units field pull-down arrow and select megabytes (MB) from the list.
Note: It may take an extended period of time for EagleMail to locate and display all of the messages over 20MB.
- The search results are listed below the Size search box. Click the Close button to return to your EagleMail inbox.
- The search results are listed in the EagleMail inbox.
Follow these directions to download file attachments from an EagleMail message:
- From the Message pane, click a message to view it in the Reading pane.
- Click the Download link to download the desired attached file.
Note: You can click the Download all attachments link to download all files attached to the message; however, multiple files will be downloaded as one zipped file. You can then unzip the files using an unzip software tool.
Note: Save the file if prompted. The file is downloaded to the location specified in your browser preferences. You can then locate the file and open it or move it to another location.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197