Eastern Michigan University
Migrating an EagleMail Calendar to a Google Apps Accounts
You can export your EagleMail calendar events (i.e., appointments, meetings, and all day events) from EagleMail and import them into Google Apps.
Follow these directions to export an EagleMail calendar:
- From the EagleMail Preferences tab, click the Import / Export tab.
- The Import/Export page is displayed. From the Export section, click to select the Calendar button.
- Click the All Folders button.
- The Choose Folder window is displayed. Click the calendar labeled Calendar.
- Click the OK button.
- The Import/Export page is displayed. Click the Export button.
Note: You may be prompted to open, save, or cancel the current operation. If prompted, we recommend saving the .ics (export) file to your desktop. Additionally, it may take an extended period of time to download the file to the location you specified.
Note: Repeat these steps to export any other desired EagleMail calendars.
- When you are finished, you can proceed with importing this file to your Google Apps account.
Follow these directions to import a calendar into Google Apps:
- Once you are logged in to Google Apps, click the Calendar link.
Note: If this is the first time you are accessing Google Calendar, you may be prompted to set up the default language, time zone, and reminder method.
- The Google Calendar page is displayed. Click the Other calendars pull-down arrow and select Import Calendar from the list.
- The Import calendar window is displayed. Click the Choose File button.
- The Open window is displayed. Locate and select the calendar .ics file you exported to your desktop.
- Click the Open button.
- The Import Calendar window is displayed. Verify the selected file name is displayed in the File Name field.
- Click the Import button.
- An Import Calendar message is displayed.
Note: The import process could take an extended period of time depending on the size of the file being imported.
Note: Repeat these steps to import any other desired EagleMail calendars.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197