Eastern Michigan University
Do Not Disturb
There is a DND (Do Not Disturb) option on your VoIP phone. When you press the DND softkey, the default settings will forward all unanswered calls to voicemail and you will receive the following notifications:
- The text, Do Not Disturb, will appear on the 7900 series phone's LCD screen only.
Important: On the 8900 series phone, there is no text displayed on the LCD screen to warn that the DND is engaged. A request has been submitted to Cisco to correct this error.
- The LCD on your phone will flash.
- Your phone will beep.
- There will NOT be an audible ring.
Important: Remember to press the DND softkey again to disengage the do not disturb feature and return to the default call setting.
In addition to engaging/disengaging the DND feature at your phone, you can also do it online in the Self Care Portal. To turn DND on and off online, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to the Self Care Portal (log in instructions can be accessed from Log in link located in the navigation menu on the right).
- Click IM & Availability from the tab at the top.
- Click the Do Not Disturb drop-down arrow
- Check/uncheck the Turn On box to turn DND on or off.
- Click the Save button.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197