Eastern Michigan University
Speed/Abbreviated DialYou can create as many as 199 Speed Dials to quickly dial phone numbers. Speed Dial and Fast Dial are similar; however, there are two major differences:
- You can only setup Speed Dial while in Call Manager (CM), not at your phone. Fast Dial can be setup both in CM and at your phone.
- To execute a Fast Dial number you must log in to your Personal Directory on your phone with your user ID and PIN, whereas with Speed Dial/ Abbreviated Dial, you do not have to log in.
For the quickest dialing on your VoIP phone, you will need to create speed/abbreviated dial settings in CM. Then place a Speed Dial/AbbrDial call on your VoIP phone.
To set up Speed/Abbr Dial calls in CM follow the instructions below:
Log in to CM (log in instructions can be accessed from Log in to CM located in the navigation menu on the right).
Note: If you have more than one phone, you will need to specify on which phone you want to setup speed/abbr dial calls (instructions can also be accessed from Log in to CM located in the navigation menu on the right).
- Select Device from the User Options menu.
- Click the Speed Dials icon from the row of links at the top of the screen.
- In the numbered row you want to use for your speed dial code (1-199):
- enter a 5 digit EMU number in the Number field (7xxxx) (no spaces, commas, periods, or dashes).
- or, if you want to enter a 7 digit local number, precede it by the number "6' in the Number field (6xxxxxxx) (no spaces, commas, periods, or dashes).
- or, if you want to enter a 10 digit long distance number, precede it by the numbers "8', "1" in the Number field (81xxxxxxxxxx) (no spaces, commas, periods, or dashes).
- Enter the contacts' name in the Label field (the ASCII label field will complete automatically).
- When you have finished entering contacts, click the Save icon.
Delete Speed Dial Numbers in CM
To remove a number from Speed Dial in CM:
- Highlight the contact's information in the Number, Label, and ASCII Label fields individually and press the delete key on your keyboard for each.
- Click the Save button.
- With the handset still resting in the cradle, press the desired speed dial number assigned to your contact.
- Press the Speed Dial/AbbrDial softkey.
- Your call will ring in speaker mode. If you prefer privacy, pick up the handset to talk.
Note: The Speed Dial/AbbrDial softkey does not appear if you lift up the handset before hitting the speed dial number on the keypad.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197