Keys To Degrees Single Parent Program
An innovative program for single parents at Eastern Michigan University
The Keys to Degrees Single Parent Program is designed for academically-qualified single men and women, between the ages of 18-24 at the time of their enrollment, who are the custodial parents of one child age 18 months or older when the program begins.
The primary goals of The Keys to Degrees Single Parent Program are to provide the essential tools for students to:
- earn a baccalaureate degree from Eastern Michigan University;
- successfully balance academic, work and family obligations;
- become economically self-sufficient in their chosen field of study;
- be responsible and contributing members of the community; and
- live and learn on campus with their children.
Through involvement in the program, student-parents will:
- be eligible to graduate in three years, contingent upon major and academic standing;
- live on campus and attend classes year-round;
- participate in a structured mentoring partnership;
- pursue internship opportunities related to their selected major;
- acquire knowledge, skills and information about opportunities for further education and employment; and
- actively attend academic, personal development and relevant workshops.
Keys to Degrees is part of Academic Success Partnerships, 301 Pierce Hall, 734.487.8041