Library Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
LibQual+ Survey Questions
The survey has 25 core questions aimed at measuring users’ opinions of library service quality and identifying gaps in their expectations versus their perceptions. Participants were asked to rate the following statements on a scale of 1-9 (with 1 being the lowest and 9 the highest), indicating for each:
- Minimum—the number that represents the minimum level of service that you would find acceptable
- Desired—the number that represents the level of service that you personally want
- Perceived—the number that represents the level of service that you believe our library currently provides
Access to Information Dimension
3 Print and/or electronic journal collections I require for my work
8 Convenient service hours
14 The printed library materials I need for my work
18 The electronic information resources I need
22 Timely document delivery/interlibrary loan
Affect of Service Dimension
1 Employees who instill confidence in users
4 Readiness to respond to users’ questions
7 Willingness to help users
10 Dependability in handling users’ service problems
12 Giving users individual attention
15 Employees who have the knowledge to answer user questions
17 Employees who are consistently courteous
20 Employees who deal with users in a caring fashion
23 Employees who understand the needs of their users
Library as Place Dimension
5 Quiet space for individual activities
9 A comfortable and inviting location
13 Library space that inspires study and learning
19 Community space for group learning and group study
24 A gateway for study, learning, or research
Personal Control Dimension
2 Easy-to-use access tools that allow me to find things on my own
6 Convenient access to library collections
11 A library Web site enabling me to locate information on my own
16 Modern equipment that lets me easily access needed information
21 Making information easily accessible for independent use
25 Making electronic resources accessible from my home or office
General Satisfaction Questions (respondents were asked to rate their levels of satisfaction on a scale from 1-9.
- In general, I am satisfied with the way in which I am treated at the library .
- In general, I am satisfied with library support for my learning, research, and/or teaching needs.
- How would you rate the overall quality of the service provided by the library?
Information Literacy Outcomes Questions
(respondents were asked to rate their levels of satisfaction on a scale from 1-9 with 1 being “strongly disagree” and 9 representing “strongly agree.”
- The library helps me stay abreast of developments in my field(s) of interest.
- The library aids my advancement in my academic discipline.
- The library enables me to be more efficient in my academic pursuits.
- The library helps me distinguish between trustworthy and untrustworthy information.
- The library provides me with the information skills I need in my work or study.