Friday May 24, 2013
Library Hours: 7:30am to 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Acceptable Behavior for Library Users
Use of the EMU Library facilities, services and resources is a privilege granted to registered students, faculty, staff and alumni of Eastern Michigan University and visitors.
At no time may any person under the age of 18 be unattended in the Library unless enrolled as a student or participating in an EMU sponsored program.
To maintain a comfortable and safe environment, all library users are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the guidelines for acceptable behavior which are based on the expectation of compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws, the University Student Conduct Code and other University codes of behavior, and specific library policies. Violation may result in loss of Library privileges and may be referred to the EMU Department of Public Safety or Student Judicial Services for resolution.
In accordance with the University Tobacco Policy, the use of tobacco products is prohibited within 25 feet of any building entrance, air intake duct or window.
Examples of unacceptable user behaviors include:
Materials and Facilities:
- Violating Copyright Laws
- Inappropriate use of computers
- Damage / theft of library facilities, equipment or materials
- Writing graffiti on library property
- Refusal to present bags or briefcases for inspection when requested
- Unauthorized posting of notices
- Unauthorized selling of products and services or solicitation of funds
- Use of facilities that interfere with student learning
- Obstructing stairways, aisles or entrances/exits
- Use of bicycles, in-line skates or skateboards in the building
- Refusing to exit the building when requested for closing or an emergency
- Entering non-public areas of the library
- Opening emergency exits or engaging emergency alarms when there is no emergency
Food and Drink:
- Drinks in uncovered containers
- Improper disposal of food or drink
- Use of cells phones in non-specified areas
- Excessive noise in any area of the Library
October 6, 2010