Library Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Food and Drink Policy
The Food and Drink Policy is designed to maintain a clean and welcoming environment for all users and to encourage personal responsibility and respect for library materials, furnishings, and equipment. Accordingly, the Library has implemented the following guidelines.
- Food and drink are permitted in the public areas of the Library and are available for purchase in the Eagle Café @ Halle on the Ground Floor.
- Food and drink are not permitted in Library computer classrooms, the law reference area, Map Library, Archives or the Auditorium (bottled water only allowed).
- Users who bring in food that disrupts their fellow users’ study will be asked to remove that food from the library.
- Dispose of trash appropriately and report spills or concerns to the Circulation Desk.
- If food and drink is to be served at an event being held in a library meeting room, permission from Library Administration Office must be arranged as part of the room reservation process. Please see the Room Reservation Policy.
Effective date: 4/16/15
Address questions about this policy to: Library Administration