Thursday September 18, 2014
Library Hours: 7:30am - 12:00am
Eastern Michigan University Library
Textbooks and Laboratory Manuals
- Textbooks and laboratory manuals required for courses are not purchased by the EMU Library.
- Funds are limited, and the purchase of textbooks may preclude the purchase of other important library materials. Exceptions may be made for textbooks that provide the only or best coverage of a subject, or when the work itself is of a seminal, historical, or other significant nature.
- The EMU Library does not receive notification of which books will be used as textbooks. Check the EMU Bookstore.
Course Reserves & Textbooks
- Students can check what is on Reserve in the library at Print/Media Course Reserves.
- Faculty may request that books owned by the library, personal copies of faculty-owned textbooks, or other materials, be placed on Reserve at the Circulation Desk.
- The library does not automatically place textbooks on Reserve - a faculty member must make the request.
Interlibrary Loan Policy
- The EMU library does not borrow from other libraries (interlibrary loan) the textbooks that are required for classes offered at Eastern Michigan University.
- Interlibrary loan only allows you to keep a book for a few weeks, which does not provide sufficient time to study a text you will need for an entire semester.