Wednesday August 27, 2014
Library Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Criteria for Evaluating Resources - Authority of Source
- Is a personal or organizational author identified?
- Does the author provide contact information, e.g., e-mail address, telephone number, street address?
- Does the personal author provide any credentials...
- organizational affiliation?
- years of experience?
- Do the credentials suggest an inherent bias of particular point of view?
- Is the author the creator of the document or a compiler of information resources?
- Can you find other material by or about the author, either on the Internet or using library resources, e.g., reference materials or indexing publications?