Wednesday September 28, 2016
Library Hours: 7:30am to 12:00am
Eastern Michigan University Library
Criteria for Evaluating Resources - Bias/Point of View
- What is the purpose of the document...
- to inform/explain?
- to persuade/advocate a position?
- to sell?
- Does this reflect a particular bias in viewpoint?
- Who is the intended audience, e.g., professionals, students, consumers, advocates, etc.?
Does this affect the scope or bias of the information presented?
- Does the author distinguish facts from opinions?
- Are sources or viewpoints missing that you might expect to be present?