Saturday July 04, 2015
Library Hours: Closed
Eastern Michigan University Library
Finding CDs and other sound recordings
CDs and other sound recordings are listed in the library catalog. To find them:
- Go to the library catalog
- On the left side of the screen, under Limit To , select Sound Recordings from the drop-down menu.
- Type the artist name, title, or subject in the search box and then click Search
- Search Tip: Put phrases in quotes - see example below:
- View results displayed.
- Identify the CD or sound recording you are looking for and retrive it from the location specified.
- Most CDs will have a location of Storage.
To request a CD from storage:
- First click on the title
- Review the information provided to verify it is what you are looking for, and pay close attentition to any details describing the CD/soundrecording.
- e.g. some sound recordings come in multiple CD's.
- Click on Place Request at the bottom of the screen.
See requesting items from storage for more information.
- CD's/Sound recordings will be ready for you to pick up at the Circulation Desk in about 7 minutes.