Library Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Evaluating Web Sites Using the CRAAP Test
When you search for information, you're going to find lots of it. But is it accurate and reliable? You will have to determine this for yourself, and the CRAAP Test can help. This list of questions does not necessarily include everything you will need to know. Different criteria will be more or less important depending on your situation or need.
- Currency: The timeliness of the information
- Relevance: The importance of the information for your needs
- Authority: The source of the information
- Accuracy: The reliability, truthfulness, and correctness of the informational content
- Purpose: The reason the information exists
CRAAP test - one page pdf version for printing
The CRAAP test is adapted from the Meriam Library at California State University Chico.