Library Hours: 7:30am - 12:00am
Eastern Michigan University Library
Your class may have material placed on reserve either online or at the Circulation Desk in the library. Both can be found from the library home page by clicking Course Reserves under Services.
Select Ereserves for electronic (online) reserves.
Print/media reserves are picked up at the EMU library's circulation desk.
You can search for reserve material by your instructor's name, by course name, or both.
- Searching by instructor will give a list of materials placed on reserve by that instructor. Look for your course name or section number to find material relevent to you.
- Searching by course gives you a list of materials placed on reserve for that particular course. Look for your section or instructor's name to find the materials relevant to you.
- If you do not see your instructor's name, or course name, the materials you are looking for may be on electronic reserve. Click the link for electronic reserves located below the search button.
Searching For Electronic Reserves
The easiest way to find what you're looking for is to search by instructor or course number.
Searching by Instructor can be done in two ways:
- Select instructor from the drop-down menu on the default search sreen.
- Type your instructor's name in the search box.
- Select the course pages by instructor tab.
- Select your instructor's last name from the drop-down menu provided.
Once you've pulled up a list of results, find your class
by looking at the course names and numbers.
To search by course number:
- Select course number from the drop-down menu on the default search screen.
- Type in your course number.
- Find your class by looking for your instructor's name.
Viewing Electronic Reserves
Before viewing electronic reserves you must agree to the copyright information provided. In many cases you will also be asked for a password to access the material. You must get that password from your instructor. The library cannot give you the password.
After entering the password and clicking accept, the list of electronic reserve materials for your class will be provided.