Saturday May 25, 2013
Library Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Thomas A. Fleming Collection & Lecture Series
With a generous grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Thomas A Fleming Collection website hosts and provides access to the African American history and literature collection donated by Dr. Fleming and documents the events of the Kellogg Fleming Lecture Series.
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation was established in 1930 "to help people help themselves through the practical application of knowledge and resources to improve their quality of life and that of future generations." Its programming activities center around the common vision of a world in which each person has a sense of worth; accepts responsibility for self, family, community, and societal well-being; and has the capacity to be productive, and to help create nurturing families, responsive institutions, and healthy communities.
Members of Fleming Advisory Board and Collection Subcommittee:
- Yvonne Callaway - Professor, Leadership and Counseling, College of Education, Eastern Michigan University.
- Rachel Cheng - University Librarian, University Library, Eastern Michigan University.
- Susanne deVries - Instructor, University Library, Eastern Michigan University.
- Lynette Findley - Executive Director, Strategic Outrench Services, Eastern Michigan University.
- Diane Fleming
- Heather Neff - Professor, English Language & Literature, College of Art & Science, Eastern Michigan University.
- Ron Woods - Interim Department Head, African American Studies, College of Art & Science, Eastern Michigan University.
- Ebony Zamani-Gallaheri - Associate Professor, Leadership and Counseling, College of Education, Eastern Michigan University.