Saturday December 20, 2014
Library Hours: Closed
Eastern Michigan University Library
Troubleshooting Access to Online Resources from the EMU Library
Potential technical problems and best ways to solve them:
- Online resources won't load when you first try to connect
After submitting your login/password, the database or online resource page is very slow or fails to load in the browser window.
- EMU NetID (my.emich) password problem:
The page titled Remote Access to Library Online Resources won’t accept my password.
- Browser or Network problem:
Many problems are caused by browser or local network settings.
- Research Guides problem:
I can’t access the Research Guides at guides.emich.edu
- EMU web site problem:
I can’t access the Eastern Michigan University site at www.emich.edu
- Other password problem:
The database is asking me for a password other than the EMU NetID (my.emich) login.
- Special case databases:
Databases with special access restrictions.
- VPN for faculty and staff - provides authorized access from off-campus to the campus network and also library resources.
- Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) databases - access to a limited set of databases for all Michigan residents; login with your driver's license or state ID.
Still having problems connecting? Contact the Library Information Desk, 734.487.2445.