Thursday October 02, 2014
Library Hours: 7:30am - 12:00am
Eastern Michigan University Library
Troubleshooting Access to Online Resources from the EMU Library
Potential technical problems and best ways to solve them:
- Online resources won't load when you first try to connect
After submitting your my.emich login, the database or online resource page is very slow or fails to load in the browser window.
- My.emich password problem:
The page titled Remote Access to Library Online Resources won’t accept my password.
- Browser or Network problem:
Many problems are caused by browser or local network settings.
- Research Guides problem:
I can’t access the Research Guides at guides.emich.edu
- EMU web site problem:
I can’t access the Eastern Michigan University site at www.emich.edu
- Other password problem:
The database is asking me for a password other than the my.emich login.
- Special case databases:
Databases with special access restrictions.
- VPN for faculty and staff - provides authorized access from off-campus to the campus network and also library resources.
- Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) databases - access to a limited set of databases for all Michigan residents; login with your driver's license or state ID.
Still having problems connecting? Contact the Library Information Desk, 734.487.2445.