Library Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
My.emich Password Problem
Problem: The page titled Remote Access to Library Online Resources won’t accept my password.
The database login (proxy login) is dependent on your my.emich login. EMU Information Technology requires students and faculty to regularly change passwords. If your password hasn't been changed in a while, one of the first problems you encounter is trouble using your my.emich password for accessing databases remotely.
The solution is usually:
- Go to http://account.emich.edu/ and log in. (* If You can’t log in to my.emich, see below.)
- Follow instructions to change password.
- Log into my.emich with your new password.
- After this the remote login for databases should work.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, contact the EMU Library, 734-487-2445.
*If you can’t log in to my.emich :
- Go to http://account.emich.edu/ and use the Forgotton Password option
- Contact the IT Help Desk at 734-487-2120 or email@example.com.
See also alternative solutions.