Saturday May 18, 2013
Library Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
My.emich Password Problem
Problem 1 - The page titled Remote Access to Library Online Resources won’t accept my password.
The database login (proxy login) is dependent on your my.emich login. EMU Information Technology requires students and faculty to regularly change passwords. If your password hasn't been changed in a while, one of the first problems you encounter is trouble using your my.emich password for accessing databases remotely.
The solution is usually:
- Go to http://account.emich.edu/ and log in. (* If You can’t log in to my.emich, see below.)
- Follow instructions to change password.
- Log into my.emich with your new password.
- After this the remote login for databases should work.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, contact the EMU Library, 734-487-2445.
*If you can’t log in to my.emich :
- Follow instructions to reset your my.emich account
- Contact the IT Help Desk at 734-487-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IT reports that a bug in the browser Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
can also cause problems with your my.emich password. The solution to this problem is to use the Firefox browser, which can be downloaded for free.
See also Alternative "Stop Gap" Solution.