Library Hours: 1:00am to 1:00am
Eastern Michigan University Library
All materials must be checked out at the Circulation Desk, near the library entrance.
Who can borrow
- All currently registered EMU students, staff and faculty.
- All others: see Courtesy Card & Visitor Borrowing information.
EMU ID or Courtesy Card Required
- An EMU ID card or library Courtesy Card is required to check out library materials.
- If you don't have your EMU ID card or library Courtesy Card with you, the staff at the Circulation Desk will hold your materials for 24 hours.
- The EMU ID (Eagle Card) office is located in Student Business Services, 201 Pierce Hall.
- Extension of Library Privileges - for students not currently enrolled but completing course work, thesis or dissertation research
- Fines and Fees - overdue fines and replacement fees
- Get materials from other libraries - MeLCat, Interlibrary Loan and visiting other libraries.
- Holds and Recalls - requesting items that are checked out
- Loan Periods & Limits - how long materials can be checked out
- Reciprocal borrowing - between EMU and U-M
- Renewing - how to extend check-out dates
- Returning Materials - where to make returns
- Searches - request a search for a book you can't find on the shelf
- Storage - how to request an item from storage
- Technical Equipment & Laptop Borrowing - laptops, audio recorders, video cameras, and other equipment