Library Hours: 7:30am to 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
All materials must be checked out at the Circulation Desk, near the library entrance.
Who can borrow
- All currently registered EMU students, staff and faculty.
- Courtesy Card holders.
- Patrons from institutions with reciprocal borrowing agreements.
- Students with extended privileges.
- Proxy patrons.
- EMU issued ID card
- Library Courtesy Card and state issued Driver's License or State ID or Passport.
If you don't have your EMU ID card or library Courtesy Card with you, the staff at the Circulation Desk will hold your materials for 24 hours. The EMU ID (Eagle Card) office is located in Student Business Services, 203 Pierce Hall.
- Borrowing privileges are not an inalienable right; they may be revoked at the discretion of the library.
- By borrowing items, patrons are accepting all circulation policies, and it is the responsibility of the patron to inform themselves of due dates, fines and other policies.
- Extension of Library Privileges - for students not currently enrolled but completing course work, thesis or dissertation research
- Fines and Fees - overdue fines and replacement fees
- Get materials from other libraries - MeLCat, Interlibrary Loan and visiting other libraries.
- Holds and Recalls - requesting items that are checked out
- Loan Periods & Limits - how long materials can be checked out
- Reciprocal borrowing - between EMU and U-M
- Renewing - how to extend check-out dates
- Returning Materials - where to make returns
- Searches - request a search for a book you can't find on the shelf
- Storage - how to request an item from storage
- Technical Equipment & Laptop Borrowing - laptops, audio recorders, video cameras, and other equipment