Library Hours: 12:00pm to 12:00am
Eastern Michigan University Library
Fines and Fees
- Books: 25 cents/day
- Reserve Materials
- 2 hour and 24 hours: $1.00/hour
- 3 day and 7 day: $1.00/day
- Circulating media (Videos, DVDs, CDs, Audiocassettes): $1.00/day
- Reference and in-house media: $1.00/hour
- Interlibrary Loan materials: $1.00/day
- Replacement costs and processing fees are charged
- Books: when not returned to the library by 40 days after the due date
- Media and all reserve materials: when not returned to the library by 10 days after the due date
- Replacement costs for non-returned items
- Books: $69.00 or actual cost of the item, whichever is higher
- Media: $100.00, or actual cost of the item, whichever is higher
- Replacement costs also include
- Books: $20 processing fee and a $10 lost book fine
- Media and all reserve materials: $20 processing fee and a $50 lost item fine
Paying Fines and Fees
- All fines, costs, and fees can be paid at the Library Circulation Desk unless they have been forwarded to Student Accounting.
- If items are returned to the library after the fines and fees are forwarded to Business Services (40 days for books, 10 days for media and reserve materials) fines and processing fees are not refundable.
- Materials in good condition may be returned up to 1 year after the billing date for a refund of the billed amount.
- No refunds will be issued for materials returned after 1 year. Exceptions to this policy are at the discretion of the Coordinator, Circulation Services, or Library Administration.
- Unpaid fines, fees, and costs are forwarded to EMU's Student Accounting Office.
Contact the Library's Circulation Desk for questions about fines and fees: 734-487-2562 or firstname.lastname@example.org.