Library Hours: 1:00pm to 10:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Fines and Fees
- Books: 25 cents/day
- Reserve Materials
- 2 hour and 24 hours: $1.00/hour
- 3 day and 7 day: $1.00/day
- Circulating media (Videos, DVDs, CDs, Audiocassettes): $1.00/day
- Reference and in-house media: $1.00/hour
- Interlibrary Loan materials: $1.00/day
- Notifications: A courtesy notice is sent 3 days before an item is due. Overdue notices are sent beginning 1 day after the item is due and are sent daily for 7 days.
- Books: Billed as lost when not returned to the library by 40 days after the due date.
- Media and all reserve materials: Billed as lost when not returned to the library by 10 days after the due date.
- Books: Average cost of a book as determined by Collection Development standards or actual cost of the item, whichever is higher.
- Media: $100.00, or actual cost of the item, whichever is higher.
- Replacement costs also include:
- Books: $20 processing fee and a $10 lost book fine.
- Media and all reserve materials: $20 processing fee and a $100 lost item fine ].
Paying Fines and Fees
- Fines, costs, and fees can be paid at the Library Circulation Desk unless they have been forwarded to Student Accounting.
- If items are returned to the library after the fines and fees are forwarded to Business Services (40 days for books, 10 days for media and reserve materials) fines and processing fees are not refundable.
- Materials in good condition may be returned up to 1 year after the billing date for a refund of the replacement cost. No refunds will be issued for materials returned after 1 year. Exceptions to this policy are at the discretion of the Coordinator, Circulation Services, or Library Administration.
- Unpaid fines, fees, and costs are forwarded to EMU's Student Accounting Office.
The library considers all legitimate concerns about library fines and fees. Reasons that do not constitute a basis for appeal are:
- Lack of knowledge of library policy
- Disagreement with library fee structure
- Inability to pay fees
- Unwillingness to take responsibility for material loaned to a third party
- Forgetting the due date
- Non-receipt or untimely receipt of library notices
- Being out of town
Contact the Library's Circulation Desk for questions about fines and fees: 734-487-2562 or email@example.com.