Library Hours: Closed today
Eastern Michigan University Library
During the Fall and Winter semesters, four group study rooms can be reserved. Other study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rooms 205B, 205C, 205D and 205E are available to reserve up to 7 days in advance during the following hours the library is open: Monday – Thursday: 9 AM to 9 PM Fridays: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Reservations must be placed through the online system 12 hours in advance.
- These rooms are only available for groups of 2-8. They are not intended for individual use.
- When booking a room, a student must use her/his my.emich email address. The student will receive a link through this email address, which MUST be confirmed, or she/he will lose the reservation.
- A group may reserve a study room in one-hour increments up to a maximum of two hours per day and 4 hours per week.
- If a student needs to cancel a room reservation, please be considerate and cancel at least 12 hours prior to the reservation start time. To cancel a reservation, please use the link provided in the confirmation email. If a reservation is not cancelled, the reservation hour(s) will still be a part of the total hours per day/week allowed.
- Rooms are unlocked; no key is necessary to access the room.
- Although the group study rooms are a more private space, they are not soundproof. Please keep the noise down so as not to disturb others.
- Daily Schedules showing reservations will be posted each morning. If the room has not been reserved for a particular time, it can be used as available. Spontaneous users must depart the room when a reserved time slot approaches. Individual users must depart the room for a group wishing to use the space for collaborative work.
- Non-reservable group study rooms are located on 2nd and 3rd floors.
- The rooms are first come, first served, but priority is given to groups of EMU students.
- Individuals or non-EMU groups may be asked to vacate a room. If there is a problem, contact a library staff member at the Circulation Desk or 734-487-2562.
- Rooms include white boards, but no computers.
- Currently Rooms 214B, 214C, 214D, 214E, 312C and 312D are locked individual study rooms.
- Keys can be checked out at the Circulation Desk for 4-hour blocks during normal library building hours.
- Rooms should remain locked at all times.
- Rooms cannot be renewed for additional hours during a 24-hour period.
- Rooms are available to current EMU students, faculty, and staff.
- Rooms cannot be reserved in advance.
- The overdue fine for the key is $1.00 per hour or $50 for key replacement.
See Study Areas and Study Rooms for additional information on policies.