Library Hours: 7:30am to 10:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
What Can Be Requested from Interlibrary Loan
Materials the EMU Library does not own, including:
- Books, government documents, etc.
- Articles from journals/magazines/newspapers (periodicals) we do not own or have access to
- Dissertations and theses (If we cannot borrow the dissertation you want free of charge, you or your academic department may purchase it through Dissertation Express.)
Some items are difficult, or impossible, to borrow through ILL. These items include books and other materials that are older than one hundred years, are in poor condition, or are rare or valuable. See Copyright and Interlibrary Loan for information on copyright restrictions.
Not available through Interlibrary Loan:
- Media: videos, films, CDs, etc. (try MeLCat)
- Textbooks for classes
- Reference materials (very few libraries lend these)
- Items being placed on reserve in our library
- Articles available only from non-EMU Library electronic journals or full-text databases
- Entire journal issues or several articles from the same journal issue
- Articles from non-EMU Library journals that are only available online
- Popular books such as those on the "Best Seller" list. Please use MeLCat or your public library.
Alternatives to Interlibrary Loan
For materials not available through Interlibrary Loan, consider: