Print/Media Reserves Procedures for Faculty
All teaching faculty (others must have special permission from the Coordinator, Circulation Services) may place materials on Reserve for their classes within the following guidelines:
- Lists are processed as they are received. Please allow 5 days for processing.
- Lists submitted 30 days before the beginning of the semester will be used.
- Reserve lists should be restricted to required readings.
- Additions to reserve lists will not be processed until all previously submitted lists have been completed.
- When placing materials on course reserves the EMU Library adheres to the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, United States Code, Title 17, Section 107 and all subsequent amendments and interpretations of this law. For more information see Fair Use.
A form to place Books, Journals and Media on reserve is available both online and at the Circulation desk in the library. Only the standard form will be accepted. Lists that are illegible or lack essential information will be returned.
For more information or to ask questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-487-2562.
- Print materials may be placed on Reserve for 2-hour, 24-hours, 3-day, and 7-day loan periods.
- Media will be placed on 4-hour Reserve.
Personal Copies of Books or Coursepacks
- Personal copies of books or other items placed on reserve we will need to be barcoded. The barcode is normally placed on the inside cover, or if the inside cover contains information it is placed on the first available page. If requested and when possible, library staff will make other arrangements.
- The Library is not responsible for damage to personal copies of books placed on reserve.