Library Hours: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Print/Media Reserves Procedures for Faculty
- The Reserve Collection is housed at the Circulation Desk.
- View the status of items currently on reserve through the library catalog.
Placing Materials on Reserve
All teaching faculty (others must have special permission from the Coordinator, Circulation Services) may place materials on Reserve for their classes within the following guidelines:
- All lists are processed on a first received basis.
- You may submit a list 30 days before the beginning of the semester it will be used.
- Please allow 5 days for processing.
- Additions to reserve lists will not be processed until all previously submitted lists have been completed.
- Your reserve lists should be restricted to required readings only.
- When placing materials on course reserves the EMU Library adheres to the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, United States Code, Title 17, Section 107 and all subsequent amendments and interpretations of this law. For more information see Fair Use.
- Use the online reserve forms for:
- Print reserve forms are also available at the Circulation desk in the library.
- Only the standard forms will be accepted. We may return lists that are illegible or lack essential information so please fill out the form as completely as possible.
- Print materials may be placed on Reserve for 2-hour, 24-hours, 3-day, and 7-day loan periods.
- Media will be placed on 4-hour Reserve.
- Photocopies will be made at the ratio of one for every 20 students in the class. Copyright law compliance may limit the number of copies we can make.
- When you send in your own copied material, please provide all the information needed for a complete citation, including the copyright statement.
- If you wish to have your articles copied and returned to you, please note that on the reserve form. Personal copies of photocopies will not be returned to you unless you request us to do so.
- For each class we may combine all photocopies of required reading into one notebook and check out the notebook rather than the individual articles.
- Photocopies will sometimes be bound together, so it is helpful to the reserve staff if all photocopies could be submitted at the beginning of the semester.
- The reserve staff cannot be responsible for articles stolen from notebooks or folders.
Personal Copies of Books
- If you plan to have personal copies of books or other items placed on reserve we will need to place a barcode on each item. The barcode is normally placed on the inside cover, or if the inside cover contains information it is placed on the first available page. If you feel uncomfortable with this process, we will try to make other arrangements.
- The Library is not responsible for damage to personal copies of books placed on reserve.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com call 734.487.2562, or visit the Circulation Desk.