Meeting and Classroom Reservations
What Rooms are Available?
The Library has a variety of conference rooms and computer classrooms which may be reserved by EMU faculty and staff for classroom use, organization meetings, and academically-oriented events. The library also has a number of larger-sized meeting spaces, including the Auditorium (G03), which has a 100 seat capacity, and the Carillon Room (301), which is a special event space.
Who Can Reserve a Room?
- Full-time EMU faculty and staff may reserve rooms. Student staff may not.
- Graduate Assistants may reserve rooms for teaching purposes with written permission from their faculty supervisor to email@example.com. The reservation will be made under the supervisor's name.
- Student Groups: The advisors of campus-recognized student groups must first try to reserve rooms in the Student Center. Verification from the Student Center is required. Students may also use the group study rooms for meetings in the Library. If no space is available in the aforementioned two categories, faculty or staff advisors of student groups may reserve rooms in Halle, one meeting at a time and no more than four days in advance of the requested date for academically-oriented events. This contact person must be on site for each meeting or academically-oriented event. No non-academic "Special Events" are permitted to be scheduled at the Library.
- Persons unaffiliated with the University cannot reserve rooms. Outside groups are encouraged to contact Book EMU to reserve space in other campus buildings.
How Do I Reserve a Room?
- Online Room Request Form
- In person: Room 200 Library
- Phone: 734.487.2566
- Please allow 3 business days for reservation processing and notification response.
- Rooms will be opened 15 minutes prior to each reservation. If a room is not open, please call 734.487.2046 or stop at the Circulation Desk and staff will unlock the room.
Questions? Please read the full Room Reservation Policy or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org