Thursday May 23, 2013
Library Hours: 7:30am to 10:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Who can reserve a room
- The Library has a variety of meeting rooms and computer classrooms which may be reserved by EMU faculty and staff.
- Top priority will always be given to EMU teaching and course related usage.
- Graduate Assistants may reserve rooms for teaching purposes with written permission from their faculty supervisor. The reservation will be made under the supervisor's name.
- Persons unaffiliated with the University cannot reserve rooms. Outside groups are encouraged to contact the Student Center for room reservations.
- All groups are responsible for the condition of the room and may be charged for damage or additional cleaning.
How to reserve a room
- Online Room Request Form
- In person: Room 200 Library
- Amber Torok 734-487-2564
- Amy Singer 734-487-2577
- Jonathan Archer 734-487-2557
- Meeting rooms will be opened each weekday morning and will remain open during the day. If a meeting room is not open, please stop at the Circulation Desk and staff will unlock the room.
Equipment and Software
- Each Halle meeting room includes a screen, projector and computer cart with vhs/dvd player. Requests to use this equipment should be made at the time of reservation or one week prior to the event.
- Computer classrooms include individual and instructor computers, screens, projection and network printers.
- Library staff will be available from 7:30am-10pm Monday through Thursday and during the day on Fridays to provide training on classroom equipment and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Arrangements for loading software on to Library classroom computers must be made in advance by contacting Spencer Schubbe, 487-2698. Clients must assume all licensing and acceptable use responsibilities.
Room Setups & Catering
- Each room has a standard capacity and furniture configuration. The client is responsible for reserving the room is responsible leaving the room in good condition. Tables and chairs must be returned to their original position and trash must be placed in the appropriate trash cans. A $50 fee may be assessed if a room is not returned to its original state.
- If food and drink is to be served at an event being held in a Library meeting room, permission from the Library Administration must be arranged as part of the room reservation process. Once approval is received, it is University policy that all catering arrangements are to be made by the requestor through the University’s catering services.
- Carillon Room:
- Usual setup is 12 large cushioned chairs around the perimeter of the room and 2 eight-foot tables to accommodate food or beverage.
- We have up to 8 large round tables and 50 folding chairs that we will set up according to your request. This is the only reserved room that is set up upon request.
Additional Policies and Procedures
- The University Library reserves the right to change bookings and will notify clients within a reasonable time.
- Clients may request a maximum of two reservations per month for the same class or organization.
- Violation of above guidelines will result in loss of booking privileges. No bookings will be accepted until the infraction has been reviewed by the University Library Administration.
Questions? contact: firstname.lastname@example.org