Marching Band Info
EMU Marching Band Staff
Dr. Mary K. Schneider
, Director of Bands
Dr. Amy Knopps
, Associate Director of Bands, EMU Marching Band Director
Prof. John Dorsey
, Professor of Percussion
, Drumline Instructor
, Color Guard Instructor Grace Yensch
, Color Guard Instructor
Prof. Harry Bowen
, Administrative Assistant University Bands
, Graduate Assistant
, Band Assistant Josh Lockhart
, Uniforms and Athletic Bands Librarian
, Equipment Staff
, Equipment Staff
Dr. Amy Knopps, conductor
The EMU Marching Band has a long tradition of musical and entertainment excellence. Comprised of nearly 200 students, the EMU Marching Band represents nearly every major on campus. The band has a rich 120-year history of serving EMU at athletic functions, parades, and events. The Marching Band performs for all home football games; participates in Homecoming, Band Night, and Family Day activities; performs exhibitions at area and national marching band festivals and competitions; and travels to one or two away games each year. Membership is open to any student in the university by audition and field try-out at the annual pre-season Band Camp, held in August prior to the Fall Semester.
- Mon., Wed., Fri., 4:05-6:05 p.m. and Sat. prior to games or events.
- All home football games, away trips, parades, potential bowl appearances
- BANDORAMA concert
- Area Exhibition Performances
- Enroll for 1 credit: University Band 149
- Participation fee $75-$150
- All incoming students will audition at Pre-Camp held on Saturday, July 11, 2015. This audition is for part placement and consists of playing your full range chromatic scale, the Eagle's Fight Song, and sight-reading.
EMU Drumline auditions are usually held in late April or early May. Specific dates will be posted in March. For more information visit our Percussion page.
Join Marching Band
Fill out our student interest form via the link below with your current contact information and instrument(s) of choice (i.e. trumpet/color guard/twirler). We will reply with information about Pre-Camp, Band Camp, place you on the prospective membership list for the fall, and mail you our summer information packet (around June 1st). Do not miss out on your opportunity to become a member of the EMU Marching Band so please sign up today!