This workshop is directed at a select group of high school string players, grades 10-12, who wish to continue their musical studies at the collegiate level, whether they intend to pursue music as a major or minor or as an elective.
Participating students will attend a recital by EMU’s string artist-faculty, participate in instrument clinics, attend a presentation on a relevant topic, rehearse with the EMU Symphony Orchestra, and perform José Pablo Moncayo's Huapango with the EMUSO in concert that evening. String parts will be available for download in the DOWNLOAD MUSIC section at the bottom.
• Daniel Foster, Violin
• Scott Woolweaver, Viola
• Diane L. Winder, Cello
• Daniel Thomas, Cello
• Derek Weller, Double Bass
• Ruth Myers-Brown, Harp
• Kevin Miller, Orchestra & Music Education
11:15 a.m. – Optional campus tour
12 p.m. – Registration
12:30 p.m. – Faculty Recital
1:15 p.m. – Presentation
2 p.m. – String Orchestra Rehearsal
3:30 p.m. – Individual Instrument Clinics or Ensembles
5 p.m. – Dinner (provided)
6 p.m. – Side-by-side Rehearsal with EMU Symphony Orchestra
7:30 p.m. – Orchestra Concert
This workshop will take place at Eastern Michigan University in the Alexander Music Building and Pease Auditorium.
Admission to EMU StringFEST ‘13 is by recommendation of the student’s orchestra director or private teacher and acceptance by EMU applied faculty. No audition is required.
To apply, students must:
1. Download and complete the Application online, save the file, submit as an email attachment to email@example.com
2. Download the Signature Form. Have their orchestra director or private teacher sign the form.
3. Mail the Signature Form with a check for $30 payable to "Eastern Michigan University" to Orchestra Office; 104 Alexander Building; Ypsilanti, MI 48197