Eastern Michigan University
The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance @ Eastern
Who We Are
The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance is a national alliance of colleges, universities and nonprofit organizations dedicated to educating, preparing and certifying professionals to strengthen and lead nonprofit organizations. The NLA also prepares undergraduate and graduate students for careers with national and international nonprofit organizations.
How We Work
Students enroll in the program and receive the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance certificate and the Certified Nonprofit Professional certification (CNP) while pursuing a bachelor's, a master's or a graduate certificate degree. Certificates are earned by:
- Achieving ten professional competencies
- Completing 300 hours of field-based experiences at a local, national or international nonprofit
- Being active in The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Student Association
- Attending at least one Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Management Institute
- Taking advantage of NLA-provided opportunities (mentorship, professional development, etc)
The path to achieving the competencies for undergraduate, graduate, and professionals is explained in the NLA Certification process (see NLA certification link).
How We Benefit Students: The CNP Certification
Upon completion of the program, students will receive the NLA diploma, the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) national credential and are ready for the competitive job market.
- Have met or exceeded all Alliance Certification standards
- Have professional nonprofit skills
- Know the nonprofit sector
- Have real-world experience