Eastern Michigan University
Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
Who We Are
The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (NLA) is a national alliance of colleges, universities, and nonprofit organizations dedicated to educating, preparing, and certifying professionals to strengthen and lead nonprofit organizations. The NLA also prepares undergraduate, graduate students, and professionals for careers with national and international nonprofit organizations.
How We Work
Students or professionals enroll in the program and work to receive the Certified Nonprofit Professional certification (CNP). Certification is earned in slightly different ways by undergraduate students, graduate students, and nonprofit professionals. In general, each Certified Nonprofit Professional will:
- Achieve ten professional competencies
- Complete 300 hours of internship experiences at a local, national, or international nonprofit
- Attend at least one Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Management Institute
- Participate in NLA-related activities to gain leadership and service experience
Benefits of the CNP Credential
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) national credential and are ready for the competitive job market.
- Have met or exceeded all Alliance Certification standards
- Have acquired professional nonprofit skills
- Have established connections and gained knowledge in the nonprofit sector
- Have gained real-world experience