Eastern Michigan University
Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) Certification Program
Who We Are
The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (NLA) is a national alliance of colleges, universities, and nonprofit organizations dedicated to educating, preparing, and certifying professionals to strengthen and lead nonprofit organizations. The NLA also prepares undergraduate, graduate students, and professionals for careers with national and international nonprofit organizations.
How We Work
Students or professionals enroll in the program and work to receive the Certified Nonprofit Professional certification (CNP). Certification is earned by:
- Achieving ten professional competencies
- Completing 300 hours of field-based experiences at a local, national, or international nonprofit
- Attending at least one Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Management Institute
- Taking advantage of NLA provided opportunities (mentorship, professional development, etc)
The path to achieving the competencies for undergraduate, graduate, and professionals is explained in the NLA Certification process (see NLA certification link).
How We Benefit Students: The CNP Certification
Upon completion of the program, students will receive the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) national credential and are ready for the competitive job market.
- Have met or exceeded all Alliance Certification standards
- Have acquired professional nonprofit skills
- Have established connections and gained knowledge in the nonprofit sector
- Have gained real-world experience