311 Everett L. Marshall Building
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Application to the RN/BSN completion program option requires two steps. First the applicant must be accepted by Eastern Michigan University. Then a completed application must be submitted directly to the School of Nursing. The deadlines for submission vary by site and year. Consult with the School of Nursing for current information. Please read carefully the requirements below.
- Application and acceptance to Eastern Michigan University. Consult with the EMU Office of Admissions regarding application forms, procedures, requirements, and deadlines. The major code for the RN to BSN program is INRC. Admission to the university takes an average of 2-3 weeks.
- Application to the School of Nursing by cohort deadline for each site. Application forms are under construction and will be available July 1st for the October 15th deadline.
- Completion of all pre-requisite courses with a grade of "C" or better and a 2.5 GPA cumulative in these pre-requisite courses. Contact the EMU regional site if you have any questions about pre-requisites.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in the pre-requisite courses. Overall GPA is not considered for admission; only pre-requisite course GPA.
For English as a Second Language (ESL) applicants, proof of English Language proficiency must accompany the application:
- A TOEFL score of 500 or higher (or equivalent).
- Evidence of proficiency in speaking and writing may also be required.