The mechanical and electrical engineering facilities provide advanced level professional engineering services in the planning, designing, construction, and maintenance of buildings and facilities on campus.
Basic duties include:
• Design and develop various University projects, including new construction, major maintenance repairs, remodeling, and other related work.
• Coordinate and administer major University projects.
• Select, evaluate, and consult with architects, engineers, and contractors performing work for the University.
• Prepare contract documents, including plans, specifications, proposals, and contract forms.
• Assist in the development of standard specifications and detail drawings.
• Assist in the preparation of the Capital Outlay Budget.
• Meet with various campus representatives to develop and prepare building programs.