News & Events
Strategies for Applying to Law School or Graduate School
Monday, Nov. 30th, 5:00 p.m., Pray Harrold 213 Topics: picking a school, LSAT and GRE, statements of purpose, choosing writers for recommendation letters speakers: Dr. Pyle and Dr. Fleischmann (pizza provided, please bring your own beverage)
Beginning Fall 2015, undergraduates can now choose a Nonprofit Concentration
in the revised Public and Nonprofit Administration major
. This new track requires 36 credit hours.
NASPAA has reaccredited our MPA Program through the 2018-19 academic year.
Winter 2016 Schedules:
Fall 2015 Schedules:
Future Course Offerings
Who We Are
Full-time lecturers: 2
Part-time lecturers: 11
Undergraduate majors (winter 2015)
- Political Science: 200
- International Affairs: 63
- Public Law & Government: 19 (+ 21 pre-law undeclared)
- Public Administration: 39
- Public Safety Administration: 49
NASPAA-accredited Master of Public Administration program
Award-winning Mock Trial, Moot Court, and Model United Nations teams
More than 2,000 alumni in 48 states and 18 foreign countries
- Class of 2014: assistantships for Ph.D. work at Penn State and U. of Massachusetts; law school at Harvard and Stetson.
- Class of 2013: law school on scholarship at Michigan State, Ohio State, Toledo, William and Mary, and Wisconsin; M.A. programs in international affairs at Pittsburgh, NYU; and a position with UNWOMEN in Niger.
Department Head: Dr. Arnold Fleischmann
MPA Interim Director: Dr. Jeffrey Bernstein
MPA Coordinator: Rose Soliven
Senior Secretary: Doreen Mendelssohn
Department Secretary: Connie VanAtta