News & Events
Dean Jocelyn Benson, Wayne State University Law School Wednesday, February 10, 4:00 pm, Pray Harrold 202 (talk plus Q&A about law school and the application process)
Department Scholarship deadline for 2016-2017 academic year Tuesday, February 16, by 4:00 pm (submit applications to political science department Pray Harrold 601)
MPA Student & Alumni Networking Events Wednesday, March 2, 5-6:30 pm, Aubree's Depot Town & Wednesday, March 16, 5-6:30 pm, Aubree's Northville
will become the new department head in summer 2016. Klein is a judicial politics scholar currently at the University of Virginia.
Beginning Fall 2015, undergraduates can now choose a
in the revised Public and Nonprofit Administration major. This new track requires 36 credit hours.
Winter 2016 Schedules:
Fall 2015 Schedules:
Future Course Offerings
Who We Are
Full-time lecturers: 2
Part-time lecturers: 10
Undergraduate majors (fall 2015)
- Political Science: 197
- International Affairs: 61
- Pre-law undeclared: 31
- Public & Nonprofit Administration: 28
- Public Safety Administration: 43
NASPAA-accredited Master of Public Administration program
Award-winning Mock Trial, Moot Court, and Model United Nations teams
More than 2,000 alumni in 48 states and 18 foreign countries
- Class of 2014: assistantships for Ph.D. work at Penn State and U. of Massachusetts; law school at Harvard and Stetson.
- Class of 2013: law school on scholarship at Michigan State, Ohio State, Toledo, William and Mary, and Wisconsin; M.A. programs in international affairs at Pittsburgh, NYU; and a position with UNWOMEN in Niger.
Department Head: Dr. Arnold Fleischmann
MPA Interim Director: Dr. Jeffrey Bernstein
MPA Coordinator: Rose Soliven
Senior Secretary: Doreen Mendelssohn
Department Secretary: Connie VanAtta