Master of Public Administration Program at Eastern Michigan University is preparing students for public and nonprofit service careers by:
- offering a professional, terminal degree grounded in political science;
- combining a foundation in general public administration with the specialized knowledge and skills associated with one of the program's concentrations with focused attention to the needs of professionals in local government and nonprofit agencies; and
- serving the community by expanding and applying knowledge and providing leadership in addressing public service needs.
The department also offers eight Graduate Certificates to provide interested individuals with graduate level training that complements and supports their need for professional development in public management or their desire for personal enhancement.
- Graduate Certificates in Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in General Public Management (GPM)
- Graduate Certificate in Local Government Management (LGM)
- Graduate Certificate in Management of Public Healthcare Services (MPH)
- Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management (NPMG)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Budget Management (PBM)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Land Planning and Development Management (PLP)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Personnel Management (PPM)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Policy Analysis (PPA)