News & Events
Who We Are
Full-time lecturers: 3
Part-time lecturers: 16
Undergraduate majors (winter 2014)
- Political Science: 228
- International Affairs: 78
- Public Law & Government: 25 (+ 28 pre-law undeclared)
- Public Administration: 26
- Public Safety Administration: 49
NASPAA-accredited Master of Public Administration program
Award-winning Mock Trial, Moot Court, and Model United Nations teams
More than 2,000 alumni in 48 states and 18 foreign countries
- Class of 2014: assistantships for Ph.D. work at Penn State and U. of Massachusetts; law school at Harvard and Stetson.
- Class of 2013: law school on scholarship at Michigan State, Ohio State, Toledo, William and Mary, and Wisconsin; M.A. programs in international affairs at Pittsburgh, NYU; and a position with UNWOMEN in Niger.
- Class of 2012: scholarship recipients attending law school at Michigan State and Virginia, a fellowship recipient doing the Ph.D. at the University of North Carolina, and students in M.A. programs in international affairs at Pittsburgh and Sydney (Australia).
Department Head: Dr. Arnold Fleischmann
MPA Director: Dr. Gregory Plagens
MPA Advisor: Dr. Barbara Patrick
Senior Secretary: Doreen Mendelssohn
Department Secretary: Connie VanAtta