Eastern Michigan University
Crime Response Unit
The primary goal of this unit is to reduce crime and conduct directed patrols of problem locations.
- This unit is charged with arresting criminal suspects,
- developing strategies to reduce crime and violence,
- enhancing visible police presence,
- assisting with traditional patrol calls and complaints,
- developing and maintaining contacts with students and staff, business associations and community groups.
- They engage in traffic enforcement and quality of life enforcement to support particular crime reduction strategies
- help improve the overall quality of life throughout the University.