Eastern Michigan University
Rape Aggression Defense (RAD)
- Rape Aggression Defense Systems Credit courses are LBC approved.
- R.A.D. is a 1-credit course scheduled for Summer, Fall and Winter semesters. Check the on-line course registration schedules for date/times offered.
- R.A.D. teaches women defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault.
- R.A.D concentrates on awareness, prevention, risk reduction, avoidance and personal growth.
- R.A.D. focuses on self-defense and martial arts, no nonsense practical techniques, fight or flight syndrome and hands-on training.
- R.A.D. focus on self-esteem and self-confidence.
- R.A.D. is a female only participant course.
What is the RAD System?
The Rape Aggression Defense System (RAD) is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. The RAD system is a comprehensive course for women that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. RAD is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by certified RAD instructors and provide you with a workbook/reference manual. This manual outlines the entire physical defense program for reference and continuous personal growth.
The RAD system of physical defense is currently being taught at many Universities and colleges. The growing and wide spread acceptance of this system is primarily due to the ease, simplicity, and effectiveness of our tactics, solid research, legal defensibility and unique teaching methodology.
The RAD system is dedicated to teaching women defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault by utilizing easy, effective and proven self-defense/martial arts tactics. Our system of realistic defense will provide a woman with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance. We operate on the premise that a spontaneous violent attack will stimulate a natural desire to resist on the part of the victim (supported by research). We educate women about, "The Fight or Flight Syndrome," while showing them that enhancing their option of physical defense is not only prudent, but a necessity if natural resistance is to be effective. Safety and survival in today's world require a definite course of action and escape. We provide effective options by teaching women to take an active role in their own self-defense and psychological well being.
10 Reasons Why RAD Is On The Cutting Edge of Self Defense Systems
1. Has established the standard for female self-defense programs.
2. Offers no-nonsense, practical techniques of defense.
3. Researched the effects of the "Fight or Flight Syndrome."
4. Offers advanced self-defense courses that build upon the physical defense system.
5. Provides realistic and dynamic hands on training.
6. Provides students with a comprehensive reference manual.
7. Certifies instructors from the community.
8. Has a litigation defense policy.
9. Offers state of the art programs.
10. Every student receives a lifetime membership policy.
Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Instructor Certification Course
What the Instructor course includes:
Participants will be certified to teach the R.A.D. System of Basic Physical Defense for Women. This intense, 3 day, 30 hour Instructor program is a cost effective way to obtain Self-Defense instructors in neighboring communities.
This comprehensive program can be an addition to Crime Prevention/Community Policing programs. The course is taught in a relaxed environment that is conducive to learning instructional techniques, proven tactics and unique insight about the problem of violence against women.
The RAD program includes physical self defense workouts for technique development and an evening exercise designed to stimulate confrontational circumstances. From awareness and risk reduction to dynamic impact training, this program covers all of the basics. Successful completion of the Instructor Certification program includes receiving a 150+ page instructor curriculum with participant manual to copy, Instructor Certificate and copy authorization letter.
Please check www.rad-systems.com for Instructor Certification courses and locations or contact Ofc. Candace Dorsey (RAD Instructor Trainer) at 734.487.0987 or email@example.com