Our MISSION is to develop and deliver meaningful business results.
Guiding principles include:
- Implementing a university wide scalable organization (Sourcing and Supplier Management, Operations & Contracts Management)
- Implementing Best in Class processes, procedures, & technology
- Implementing a scalable reporting model
- Defining our delivery model and communicating to our key business stakeholders
- Building new and enhancing existing partnerships with our internal customers
- Aligning our objectives with our customers short, mid and long term goals
- Creating a roadmap to proactively develop and train personnel
- Developing a loyal, skilled, productive and innovative supplier base
Download card to use when purchasing items in-store. Present card prior to payment to receive discounted pricing.
Department Funded Project Request
Please complete and submit the Department Funded Project Request form to Purchasing for review. Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: Dept Funded Project Request: "CAMPUS LOCATION". If you have any questions, please contact the Purchase Department at 7-1200.
Federally Sponsored Purchases
Eastern Michigan University will implement the new federal regulations for federally sponsored purchases on July 1st, 2017, for FY 2018. Eastern Michigan will continue to comply with OMB circular A-110 through FY 2016 and FY 2017. If you have any questions please contact Dean Backos, Director of Purchasing.
RFP #2092: Strong Hall Programming and Professional Design Services
Eastern Michigan University is accepting proposals to provide Programming and Professional Design Services for the Strong Hall Renovation project in accordance with the Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposals (RFQ/RFP) as posted on www.publicpurchase.com and emich.bonfirehub.com; and the Capital Outlay Design Manual, State of Michigan, Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB).
RFP #1961 - Eastern Michigan University Rackham Hall Professional Design Services - Physician Assistant Program RFQ/RFP
Eastern Michigan University is accepting proposals to provide programming and professional design (architectural / engineering) services for the design of the Rackham Hall - Physician Assistant Program project in accordance with the Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposals that is currently posted on the EMU procurement portal www.PublicPurchase.com. To review the RFQ/RFP documents you must be registered with the bidding portal. If you are not currently registered, please visit http://www.emich.edu/purchasing/supplierregistration.php for instructions on registering with the website and Eastern Michigan University.
After registration (or if you are already registered), please complete the following steps:
- Login to www.PublicPurchase.com
- Click on "Select Region" and pick Michigan
- Click on "Select Agency" and pick Eastern Michigan University
- Click on RFP listed and enter bid
- Download RFQ/RFP document
- After download, click on Respond and then click on Return to Bid. This allow RFP to be saved to your home screen for when you login again. No electronic responses will be accepted with this bid.
If you have any questions regarding the bidding portal, please email me. All other questions should be posted through www.PublicPurchase.com. Question submitted through any other method will not be responded to.
A Mandatory Pre-Bid meeting will be held at Eastern Michigan University on the following:
- Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
- Time: 10:00 AM
- Location: Southwest entrance to Rackham Hall
The EMU Procurement department is comprised of procurement professionals who support Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Management, Contracts and Procurement Operations.
Together we enable our business partners to better support their core service by providing innovative strategies that save time, add value and mitigate risk.
- Developing and executing efficient sourcing strategies
- Utilizing BIC tools & strategies to effectively negotiate commercial terms that drive completion to generate savings
- Providing a standardized contract review process within the university
- Increasing visibility into our contractual commitments with suppliers
- Implementing tighter controls on the Requisition to Pay process, supplier performance management and governance
- Employing Demand Management techniques to identify the underlying drivers of external spending and reduce or eliminate unnecessary consumption