It is important that the following steps are followed to ensure that Accounts Payable can process the invoice on a timely basis:
- A completed online requisition is processed timely in Banner for Purchasing.
- A completed PO is approved by Purchasing and forwarded to the vendor.
- Vendor ships product or service.
- Upon receipt in Central Receiving or in the department, a receipt is entered into Banner for merchandise received/services performed.
- The vendor invoice is entered into Banner by accounts payable completing the "3–way match"
- Vendor invoice(s) are scheduled for payment.
Please note steps (1) and (2) must be completed so that the receiving process will function properly with Regular Purchase Orders.