The Get Fit Challenge begins January 21, 2013
Get Fit Challenge
- If you completed the Get Fit Challenge, make sure to have your team captain pick up your shirts!
Wednesday, April 24th at 5:00pm
Location: Big Bob's Lakehouse
Week 10 (Monday 4/8 - Sunday 4/14)
Week 9 (Monday 4/1 - Sunday 4/7)
Week 8 (Monday 3/25 - Sunday 3/31)
Week 7 (Monday 3/18 - Sunday 3/24)
Week 6 (Monday 3/11 - Sunday 3/17)
Week 5 (Monday 2/25 - Sunday 3/3)
Week 4 (Monday 2/18 - Sunday 2/24)
Week 3 (Monday 2/11 - Sunday 2/17)
Week 2 (Monday 2/4 - Sunday 2/10)
Week 1 (Monday 1/28 - Sunday 2/3)
This week's schedule:
B-Young B-Fit Group Fitness Schedule $$
NOTE: $$ indicates additional cost to attend
Monday - 4/1:
Tuesday - 4/2:
- B-Young B-Fit Workshop: Abs Circuit with Jason Ratliff - Rec/IM 4th Floor (6:00pm-6:30pm)
- EagleFIT: Spinning - Rec/IM Spinning Room (Court 6) (7:00pm-8:00pm)
Wednesday - 4/3:
- Get Fit Challenge Seminar: Fitness Jeopardy - Rec/IM 5th Floor (3:00pm-4:00pm)
- ONS Professional Speaker Series: Patti Kubersky, MS, RD - Halle Library Auditorium (5:30pm-6:30pm)
Thursday - 4/4:
- Get Fit Challenge Seminar: Fitness Jeopardy - Rec/IM 5th Floor (12:00pm-1:00pm)
- B-Young B-Fit Workshop: Olympic Weightlifting with Jeff Phillips - Rec/IM Fit Room (1:30pm-2:30pm)
- B-Young B-Fit Workshop: Zumba with Jillian Hedke - Rec/IM Aerobics Studio (4:00pm)
Friday - 4/5:
- CAPS Stress Management Workshop: Feeling Better 101 - Snow Health (12:00pm-1:30pm)
Call 734-487-1118 to sign up. (Limited Space)
- EagleFIT: Group Workout - Rec/IM 2nd Floor Utility Gym (5:00pm-6:00pm)
Saturday - 4/6:
Sunday - 4/7:
On Campus Services: Links
Office of Nutrition Services
Begins: January 21, 2013 / Ends: April 18, 2013
The Get Fit Challenge is a semester-long program where students, faculty, and staff will team-up to compete for points to earn weekly prizes. Points will be earned by working out, participating in Get Fit Challenge activities, keeping food journals, and utilizing on-campus fitness, nutrition, and wellness resources.
Participants will have access to various fitness/nutrition seminars and workshops that will be put on each week. There will also be periodic assessment opportunities done by fitness and nutrition professionals.
Additionally, Dr. Julie Jahn's HPHP students will be collecting data as part of a research project.
The Eastern Echo: EMU begins campus fitness competition by Krystal Elliot
- Work out with your friends.
- Earn Cool EMU swag.
- Learn from fitness trainers, dietitians, and other fitness/nutrition professionals.
- Prospective LBC designation is being considered.
- Lose weight, tone up, feel better, and Get Fit!
Register online at emich.athleague.com
Contact Jeff Phillips if anyone is missing from your roster on athleague.
$80 per team (4-8 people)
$20 for an individual (Free Agent*)
For more information, please contact Jeff Phillips 734.487.1319 or Kristi Teasdale 734.487.8045.