Graduate Graduation Requirements
It is the student's responsibility to see that all the requirements for graduation have been met. Consult with your advisor and the Graduate Catalog regarding requirements for your program.
- Candidates for graduation must submit an online application on or before the deadline for each semester. Deadlines are generally within the first two weeks of the semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA in all graduate-level courses taken at EMU and in their program of study to remain in good academic standing and be eligible for graduation.
- All students must be fully admitted to the program from which they plan to graduate. A conditional admission status will prevent graduation. If you were admitted with conditions (pre-requisite coursework or low GPA) make sure conditions have been met and your program advisor has contacted the Admissions Office to update your status.
- A current program of study, signed by your program advisor, must be on file with the Office of Records and Registration. Contact your program advisor to develop a program of study.
- If your program of study includes transfer credit, old coursework that has passed the time limit for completion of requirements, or other exceptions to Graduate School policy, be sure to submit paperwork for approval to the Graduate School.
Students who file for graduation but fail to complete their degree requirements should notify the Office of Records and Registration in writing and will need to submit a new online graduation application for a subsequent semester (no additional fee is required).
Students should expect to receive their degree verification letter within three to four weeks after the close of the semester in which their degree is conferred. Diplomas (with a complimentary transcript) are mailed approximately six to eight weeks after the close of the semester in which the degree is conferred.