Apply for Housing: Res Halls and Apartments
Roommate Groups for 2017-2018 App
Have a group of friends you'd like to live with next year? All Returners, Commuters, Transfers, and Grads are eligible to form groups. Note: New incoming freshmen complete a different application and cannot be included in Roommate Groups.
Roommate Group size: 2-4 students who want to live together (up to 7 in the Village).
Groups will be assigned one timeslot provided the Group Lead has verified the group! When the timeslot becomes available, the Group Leader will assign all the members of the group at once.
How to Form a Group
- One person is to be designated as the Group Leader.
- The Group Leader completes their housing application and creates a name and password for the Group.
- The Group Leader gives the name and password to their preferred roommates.
- Each of the preferred roommates log into their housing application, enters the name of the Group, and adds themselves to the group using the Group Password.
- After all group members have added themselves to the group, the Group Leader MUST log back into their application and click “Verify Group.” Failure to do so will not only cause the group to not receive the same time slot, they also will not being able to be placed together into the room.
- During the assigned timeslot, the Group Leader is responsible for choosing the room/suite/apartment for the rest of the group.
- Students may remove themselves from the group at any time.
- If the group contains members of both genders for Apartments, please contact email@example.com for further details.
- The deadline to form a Group is Monday, February 27, 2017, at 5pm.
The Housing & Residence Life Office reserves the right to change a group name and/or remove students from a roommate group at any time for reasons including, but not limited to, instances where the group name is found to be vulgar and/or inappropriate.
A timeslot is randomly assigned to all students. Groups are assigned one timeslot. The assigned timeslot is the earliest that a student or group can select a room. Rooms can be selected at the time assigned or any time thereafter. Timeslots cannot be changed.
Discussions a Group Should Have Before Selecting a Room
- What type of room do we want to select?
- What type of room can everyone in the group financially afford?
- What hall does the group want to select?
- If our desired location and/or room type is not available during our selection timeslot, what is our backup plan?
- How many people should we have in the group?
- These discussions should be had well before going in to select a room during the assigned timeslot. The Group Leader will have 5 minutes to make a selection of a hall and room.
- If the Leader is unable to find a room during those 5 minutes, they will be able to go back in again and have another 5 minutes to select a space.
Come to campus prepared! Read the Guide to Campus Living before you arrive.
For EMU's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, click HERE.