Double Room Request
Many of the halls are already filled for the fall. We may not be able to assign you to the hall you have requested if there is no space available when your contract comes up for assignment.
- The $200 prepayment will be waived only for those students who lived in the residence halls during the Winter 2013 semester.
- Carefully read over all of the following information!
- Do not direct questions to any other office on campus. They are not familiar with room selection information and they typically give incorrect information.
- Only questions that are answered via the firstname.lastname@example.org email will be considered valid. This assures that you are getting the most accurate information.
Double Room Halls
Buell, Downing, Hoyt, and the Village
You are responsible for reading and knowing all of the information provided. Questions should be directed to the Residence Life email
DOUBLE ROOM AVAILABILITY
- Both double and single rooms are being offered in Hoyt and the Village. When choosing either of these two halls be certain that you select the correct room type (single or double) that you wish to have when completing the contract.
- Double rooms in Hoyt, Buell, and Downing have two people per bedroom.
- Double rooms in the Village have two students living in each of three bedrooms. The 4th bedroom is a single room only at the single room rate. (7 students to an apartment)
- No single rooms are available in Buell or Downing.
DOWNING HALL ELIGIBILITY
- Students requesting Downing Hall must be an admitted member of the Honors College. While in past years we have been able to accommodate some non-Honors college students, admittance to the Honors College has increased and that building is being reserved for Honors admitted students only.
- You may request a specific person as your roommate, however, at this late date we cannot guarantee that a placement together can be made. Placement will only be made if space is available to grant the request.
- Each student must mutually request one another in order to be assigned together.
- Students who are submitting now will receive email notification of their assignment in early August.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel the contract, it must be done in writing to the Residence Life Office email@example.com using your EMU my.emich email account. Cancellation requests sent from any other email address are not accepted. The my.emich account validates a student's identity and reduces the risk of fraudulent requests.
- Cancellations from this point forward will result in a cancellation fee being applied to your student account according to the following schedule:
- Before July 1, 2013: $100 cancellation fee
- After July 1, 2013: $200 cancellation fee
- Contracts submitted after May 1st are subject to the same refund schedule as above.
- Contracts submitted after July 1st would be assessed the full $200 cancellation fee.
- If you expect to use financial aid funds to cover any of your college expenses, you must complete the 2013 FAFSA form ASAP.
- Students must reapply for a FAFSA each year.
- Students completing a 2013-14 contract are committing for the full 8 months of both the fall and winter semesters.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that they have the funds available to cover the costs of room and board for the full academic year (September through April) before moving in.
- Once a student moves into their room, no release from the contract will be given to move off campus, to a sorority/fraternity house, or to commute from home.
- An enrolled student who moves out of the hall anytime during the contract period remains financialy obligated for the full room and board costs for the remainder of the academic year.
Read Before You Proceed!!
Do NOT complete the contract unless you are ready to commit to living on campus for next year. Since an upfront prepayment is not being asked of current residence hall students, only those that know for sure they are living on campus next year should proceed.
If you are unsure of what your are doing for the fall, you may want to wait wait until your plans are finalized.
After you submit the information, the last page will ask for a prepayment. You do NOT need to make the payment. We will apply waivers at the end of each day; therefore you will continue to see the payment needed page for up to 24 hours after you initially submit the contract.