Single Room Requests
To reserve a room for Fall 2013, you will need to:
Many of the halls are already filled for the fall. We may not be able to honor your request for a single room if there is no space available when your contract comes up for assignment.
- Complete the on-line application.
- The $200 prepayment will be waived only if you lived in the residence halls during the Winter 2013 semester.
- Carefully read over all of the following information!
- Questions regarding the room selection process should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Do not direct questions to any other office on campus. They are not familiar with room selection information and they typically give incorrect information.
- Only questions that are answered via the email@example.com email will to be considered valid. This assures you that you are getting the most accurate information.
Single Room Selection
You are responsible for reading and knowing all of the information provided. All questions should be directed to the Residence Life email at:
Note: Financial Aid funds do not necessarily cover the additional cost of a single room. You are responsible for knowing what your specific aid will cover. Any cost that financial aid does not cover becomes your responsibility to fund out of pocket. Consider this information carefully when requesting a single room.
SINGLE ROOM AVAILABILITY
- Single rooms are only offered in Hill, Pittman, Hoyt, and the Village.
- Please note that at this time all single rooms have been filled. We are maintaining a wait list so therefore we cannot guarantee that you will receive a single room for the fall.
- While you may request a specific person as your suitemate, at this late date we would not be able to guarantee that the request could be accommodated.
- Students who submit a contract now will be notified in early August of their room assignment information.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel the contract, it must be done in writing to the Residence Life office at:firstname.lastname@example.org using your EMU my.emich email account. Cancellation requests sent from any other email addresses are not accepted. Using the my.emich account validates a student's identity and reduces the risk of fraudulent requests.
- Cancellations submitted from this point on will result in a cancellation fee being added to your student account according to the following schedule:
- Before July 1, 2013: $100 cancellation fee
- After July 1, 2013: $200 cancellation fee
- Contracts submitted after May 1 are subject to the same schedule above.
- Contracts submitted after July 1 would receive no credit if cancellation were to occur.
- Students who expect to use financial aid funds to cover college expenses must complete the 2013 FAFSA form ASAP.
- Students must reapply for a FAFSA each year.
- Students completing a contract are committing for the full 8 months of both the fall and winter semesters.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have the funds to cover the costs of room and board for the full academic year (September through April) before moving in.
- Once you move into your room, you will not be released from the contract to move off campus, to a sorority/fraternity house, or to commute from home.
- An enrolled student who moves out of the hall anytime during the contract period remains financially obligated for the full room and boards costs for the remainder of the academic year.
Read Before You Proceed!!
Do NOT complete the contract unless you are ready to commit to living on campus for next year. Since an upfront prepayment is not being asked of students who lived in the halls during this past Winter semester, only those that know they will be living on campus next year should proceed.
If you are unsure of what you will be doing for the fall, you may want to wait until your plans are finalized.
After you submit the information, the last page will ask for a prepayment. You do NOT need to make the payment. We will apply waivers at the end of each day; therefore you will continue to see the payment needed page up to 24 hours after you submit the contract.