Village Room Request
To reserve a room for Fall 2013, you will need to:
Many of the halls are already filled for the fall. We may not be able to honor your request for the Village if there is no space available when your contract comes up for assignment.
- Complete the on-line application.
- The $200 prepayment is waived only if you lived in the residence halls during the Winter 2013 semester.
- Carefully read over all of the following information!
- Do not direct questions to any other office on campus. They are not familiar with Room Selection information and they typically give incorrect information.
- Only questions that are answered via the email@example.com email will be considered valid. This assures that you are getting the most accurate information.
VILLAGE ROOM REQUEST
Many of the halls are already filled for the fall. We may not be able to honor your request for the Village is there is no space available when your contract comes up for assignment.
You are responsible for reading and knowing all of the information provided. Questions should be directed to the Residence Life email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Financial aid funds do not necessarily cover the additional cost of living in the Village if you select a single room. It is your responsibility for knowing what your specific aid will cover. Any cost that financial aid does not cover will be your responsibility to fund out of pocket. Consider this information carefully when requesting a single room in the Village.
VILLAGE LIVING REQUIREMENTS
- You must have a minimum cumulative gpa of 2.5 as of the end of the Winter 2013 semester to be eligible to live in the Village.
- Must be in good judicial standing.
- Please note that both double rooms and single rooms are being offered in the Village for the fall. Be certain that you select the correct room type (Single or Double) that you wish to have when completing the contract.
- Double rooms will be offered in Buildings D, E, & F. A double room has two students living in each of three bedrooms. The 4th bedroom is single room only at the single room rate. (7 students to an apartment)
- Single rooms will be offered in Buildings A, B, & C. Each bedroom will be single room only. (4 students to an apartment).
- You may request a roommate/suitemate, however, at this late date it is unlikely that we would be able to accommodate the request.
- All roommate/suitemate requests must be mutually requested for and each person must meet the Village 2.5 GPA eligibility criteria.
- Students submitting a contract now will receive their fall assignment information via e-mail in early August.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel the contract, it must be done in writing to the Residence Life Office at email@example.com using your EMU my.emich email account. Cancellation requests sent from any another email address are not accepted. The my.emich account validates a student's identity and reduces the risk of fraudulent requests.
- Cancellations received from this point forward will be assessed a cancellation fee according to the following schedule:
- Before July 1, 2013: $100 cancellation fee
- After July 1, 2013: $200 cancellation fee
- Contracts submitted after May 1st are subject to the same schedule as above.
- Contracts submitted after July 1st would be assessed the full $200 cancellation fee.
- Students who expect to use financial aid funds to cover college expenses must complete the 2013 FAFSA ASAP.
- Students need to reapply for a FAFSA each year.
- Students who complete a 2013-14 contract are committing for the full 8 months of both the fall and winter semesters.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that they have the funds available to cover the costs of room and board for the full academic year (September through April) before moving in.
- Once you move into your room, no release from the contract will be given to move off campus, to a sorority/fraternity house, or to commute from home.
- An enrolled student who moves out of the hall anytime during the contract period remains financially obligated for the full room and board costs for the remainder of the academic year.
Read Before You Proceed!!
Do NOT complete the contract unless you are ready to commit to living on campus for next year. Since an up front prepayment is not being asked of residence hall students who lived in the halls during the Winter 2013 semester, only those that are certain that they are going to be living on campus should proceed.
If you are unsure of what you are doing for the fall, you may want to wait until your plans are finalized.
After you submit the information, the last page is going to ask for a prepayment. You do NOT need to make the payment. We will apply the waiver at the end of each day so you will continue to see the payment needed page for up to 24 hours after you initially submit the contract.