For non-emergency repairs that are needed, students must submit an online work order.
To report an emergency:
- During normal business hours (8am to 5pm), call the Physical Plant at: 734.487.3380
- During night or weekend emergencies, call DPS at: 734.487.1222
Emergency items include, but are not limited to:
- Conditions that affect the safety or health of members of the campus community or surrounding area
- Conditions that immediately impact the continued performance of academic, student, or administrative functions - Examples include:
- Major loss of building heat
- Loss of power to all circuits in area (if one outlet of many is effected this should be classified as a lower priority)
- Elevator malfunctions
- Fire alarms
- Continuous leaks that may result in damage to facility or contents (If leak can be contained it should be, i.e.- turning off water source if drain is leaking or marking the equipment "out of order" if more are available)
- Immediate security issues - Examples include:
- Broken windows or doors that cannot be secured
- Fire or emergency systems in state of alarm or limited function that must be returned to normal to ensure safety of residents
The timeline for service is based upon the need, the severity of the problem, the amount of time needed for repairs, and the availability of staff. While some damage is normal wear and tear, completing a work order does not exempt you from paying for appropriate repairs if you are responsible for the damages.
Maintenance staff employed or contracted by Eastern Michigan University may enter occupied rooms during the course of their work. This includes but is not limited to emergency maintenance or the completion of work orders. Please note that the submission of a work order constitutes permission for maintenance staff to enter a room and access any area necessary for the completion of their work.