Eastern Michigan University
Strategic Theme: Institutional Effectiveness
Descriptor: Ensure EMU has the systems and processes in place that support the mission of the institution as efficiently as possible, while fostering innovation, diversity and ethical conduct in the workplace.
Goal 1: Foster a diverse, ethical and respectful workplace with effective and transparent communications that support the university's mission and values.
- Objective 1.1: Develop and recruit leadership that reflects the diversity of the student body.
- Objective 1.2: Encourage leaders to model ethical behavior.
- Objective 1.3: Support employees in becoming actively engaged citizens with strong cultural awareness.
- Objective 1.4: Facilitate effective, timely and transparent communication among university stakeholders.
- Goal 2: Improve processes and resource allocation to enhance operational effectiveness and fiscal stewardship.
- Objective 2.1: Examine university processes for improvement and functional realignment, and implement resource allocation to improve performance.
- Objective 2.2: Invest in professional development and formulate an institutional knowledge management program to support succession planning
Goal 3: Establish a culture of innovation by recognizing and rewarding new initiatives.
- Objective 3.1: Establish mechanisms to encourage and support effective innovation.
- Objective 3.2: Establish division/department goals and incentives for innovative revenue generation and cost reduction.
Submit your input, questions and comments by contacting the Institutional Strategic Planning Council
We welcome your feedback and participation in the planning process - Raouf Hanna, Chair, University Strategic Planning