Eastern Michigan University
Strategic Theme: Service and Engagement
Proposed changes to Strategic Theme #4 (“Service and Engagement”) that are under review by the Institutional Strategic Planning Council (ISPC) are included below:
Descriptor: Support community engagement and collaborations that create a mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and experiences.
Goal 1: Enhance community engagement and partnerships.
- Objective 1.1: Enhance and disseminate Academic Service – Learning opportunities.
- Objective 1.2: Create institutional infrastructure to leverage EMU resources and talent to serve the community and Michigan as a whole.
- Objective 1.3 : Effectively utilize University activities to engage the community, including pursuing mutual community goals and priorities.
Goal 2: Enhance community knowledge and perceptions of EMU.
- Objective 2.1: Assess the University’s impact on the community and the community’s perceptions of the University.
- Objective 2.2: Develop systems to continually inform the public about Eastern’s positive impacts on the community and region.
We welcome your feedback and participation in the planning process. Please email email@example.com with your input, questions and comments.