Eastern Michigan University
Strategic Theme: Service and Engagement
Proposed changes to Strategic Theme #4 (“Service and Engagement”) that are under review by the Institutional Strategic Planning Council (ISPC) are included below:
Descriptor: Support community engagement and collaborations that create a mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and experiences.
Goal 1: Enhance community partnerships with EMU.
- Objective 1.1: Enhance and disseminate Academic Service – Learning opportunities.
- Objective 1.2: Create institutional infrastructure and leverage EMU resources and talent to serve the community and Michigan as a whole.
Goal 2: Improve community perceptions of EMU.
- Objective 2.1: Effectively utilize university activities (including athletic and arts related activities, etc.) as vehicles toward engaging the community and improving perceptions of EMU.
- Objective 2.2: Institute activities and procedures to ensure environmental sustainability and awareness at EMU.
- Objective 2.3: Design and implement evaluation tools to assess community perceptions of, and the University impact on, the surrounding community.
We welcome your feedback and participation in the planning process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your input, questions and comments.