Eastern Michigan University
Strategic Theme: Student Engagement and Success
Descriptor: Foster an environment where students have the greatest opportunity to engage in purposeful learning and involvement so that they can successfully meet and maximize their education goals.
Goal 1: Create and expand purposeful learning opportunities inside and outside classrooms, in the community and globally.
- Objective 1.1: Document, review and continue to expand field experiences (internships, practicum, co-op activities), leadership trainings, academic service learning, community engagement, and other learning opportunities across the university and beyond.
- Objective 1.2: Continue to strengthen and cultivate distinctive and compelling experiences throughundergraduate research programs and interactions with faculty.
Goal 2: Develop a comprehensive and systematic approach to improve services and processes that enhance student persistence and graduation.
- Objective 2.1: Identify, design and implement seamless connections among academic/non-academic programs and services that facilitate student persistence and graduation.
- Objective 2.2: Connect students through existing structures to resources that will support student well-being across the university (e.g., academic, social, physical, emotional, financial).
- Objective 2.3 : Use technology to optimize the delivery of student services.
Goal 3: Prepare students to successfully and meaningfully interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Objective 3.1: Support students in becoming actively engaged global citizens with strong cultural awareness.
- Objective 3.2: Build a university culture in which respect, responsibility, pride and diversity are valued, encouraged and celebrated.
Submit your input, questions and comments by contacting the Institutional Strategic Planning Council
We welcome your feedback and participation in the planning process - Raouf Hanna, Chair, University Strategic Planning