Eastern Michigan University
Strategic Theme: Student Engagement and Success
Descriptor: Foster an environment where students have the greatest opportunity to engage in purposeful learning and involvement so that they can successfully meet and maximize their education goals.
Goal 1: Create and expand purposeful learning opportunities inside and outside classrooms, in the community and globally.
- Objective 1.1: Document, review and continue to expand field experiences (internships, practicum, co-op activities), leadership trainings, academic service learning, community engagement, and other learning opportunities across the university and beyond.
- Objective 1.2: Continue to strengthen and cultivate distinctive and compelling experiences throughundergraduate research programs and interactions with faculty.
Goal 2: Develop a comprehensive and systematic approach to improve services and processes that enhance student persistence and graduation.
- Objective 2.1: Identify, design and implement seamless connections among academic/non-academic programs and services that facilitate student persistence and graduation.
- Objective 2.2: Connect students through existing structures to resources that will support student well-being across the university (e.g., academic, social, physical, emotional, financial).
- Objective 2.3 : Use technology to optimize the delivery of student services.
Goal 3: Prepare students to successfully and meaningfully interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Objective 3.1: Support students in becoming actively engaged global citizens with strong cultural awareness.
- Objective 3.2: Build a university culture in which respect, responsibility, pride and diversity are valued, encouraged and celebrated.
We welcome your feedback and participation in the planning process. Please email email@example.com with your input, questions and comments.