The purpose of the following document is to update the university community on the current transformational process of the EMU Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards (SCCS) into the Office of Student Conduct, Community Standards, and Wellness (SCCSW).
SCCSW listening sessions are listed within the document; the entire community is encouraged to attend and join in consultation.
Who We Are
Student Conduct, Community Standards and Wellness is part of the Division of Academic and Student Affairs at Eastern Michigan University. Our mission seeks to promote a healthy and safe environment by providing programing for at-risk behavior and educating students about appropriate behavior, ethical decision making, personal accountability, civility, and wellness both inside and beyond the classroom environment. Student Conduct, Community Standards and Wellness will engage, students, faculty and staff in the conduct process in order to help students understand the impact of their actions on themselves, the classroom, and the EMU community.
What We Do
The Office of Student Conduct, Community Standards and Wellness primary functions are:
- Administration of the EMU Student Code of Conduct and other related policies and procedures
- Consultation for Wellness related initiatives
- Alcohol and other drug programs
For the convenience of students, The Office of Student Conduct, Community Standards and Wellness provides:
- Workshops for students and student organizations on issues such as hazing, drug and alcohol use and other at-risk behaviors
- Advice to students on issues and questions about student-related policies including the Student Conduct Code
To better serve the faculty and staff of EMU, The Office of Student Conduct, Community Standards and Wellness provides:
- A resource area equipped with handouts, books, articles and other materials on student behavior issues
- Advice on dealing with specific student conduct issues